NuLYTELY Colonoscopy Prep
You will need to arrive at StoneCrest Medical Center Main Entrance Registration Desk on the day of procedure 1 ½ hours before your scheduled procedure time.
PREPARATION THE DAY BEFORE PROCEDURE:
Drink clear liquids ALL DAY For breakfast, lunch, and dinner. NO SOLID FOOD. LIQUIDS ONLY.
Examples of clear liquids are as follows: chicken or beef broth, apple juice, white grape juice, lemonade, soda, popsicles, water, ginger ale, Gatorade, hard candy, coffee (no cream or sugar), plain jello, tea.
*NOTHING RED OR PURPLE AS THIS MAY MIMIC BLOOD AND INFLAMMATION IN COLON*
NO Iron Pills or Bulk Agents (Metamucil, Fibercon, etc.) 48 hours prior to Procedure.
- The day before your procedure, early in the morning, mix up the NuLYTELY and place it in the refrigerator to chill. Add water as directed to powder in NuLYTELY container. You may chase the Prep with Gatorade but do not mix into the container.
- Begin drinking the gallon of NuLYTELY at 4pm. Keep the container refrigerated.
- Drink one 8oz glass every 15 minutes until container is half empty.
- Set alarm for 6 hours before scheduled procedure time and drink one 8oz glass every 15 minutes until container is empty.
- Nothing else to drink after you have completed the bowel prep. **This is very important and includes water.**
THE DAY OF YOUR PROCEDURE:
You many take any Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, and Seizure medications morning of your procedure with a SMALL SIP OF WATER (just enough to get it down).
If you are currently taking any Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS) (i.e. Advil, Aleve, Ibuprofen, etc.) daily, you will need to discontinue them one week prior to the procedure. Tylenol is OK.
YOU MUST HAVE AN ADULT (18 YEARS OR OLDER) TO DRIVE YOU FROM YOUR PROCEDURE.
If you think of any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to us at 615-223-6606! Thank you for trusting us with your care!