MOVIPREP Colonoscopy Prep
You will need to arrive at StoneCrest Medical Center Main Entrance Registration Desk on the day of procedure 1 ½ hours before your scheduled procedure time.
PREPARATION THE DAY BEFORE PROCEDURE:
Drink clear liquids ALL DAY For breakfast, lunch, and dinner. NO SOLID FOOD. LIQUIDS ONLY.
Examples of clear liquids are as follows: chicken or beef broth, apple juice, white grape juice, lemonade, soda, popsicles, water, ginger ale, Gatorade, hard candy, coffee (no cream or sugar), plain jello, tea.
*NOTHING RED OR PURPLE AS THIS MAY MIMIC BLOOD AND INFLAMMATION IN COLON*
NO Iron Pills or Bulk Agents (Metamucil, Fibercon, etc.) 48 hours prior to Procedure.
- The day before your procedure; Empty 1 pouch of A and 1 pouch of B into the disposable container. Fill with water up to the fill line and place in refrigerator.
- At 5:00pm begin drinking the solution. The MoviPrep container is divided into 4 marks. Every 15 minutes drink the solution down to the next mark (approx. 8oz) until the full Liter is empty. This will take about an hour to complete.
**If you start to feel nauseated or bloated wait 20-30 minutes between marks on the container*
- Please be sure to drink plenty of water after your first round of prep, to ensure you stay hydrated.
- Mix 2nd pouch of A and B. Add water to fill line and refrigerate. (Repeating Step 1)
- Set alarm for 6 hours before your scheduled procedure time. Begin to drink 8oz of solution every 15 minutes until container is empty. (Repeating Step 2)
- Nothing else to drink after you have completed the bowel prep. **This is very important and includes water.**
THE DAY OF YOUR PROCEDURE:
You many take any Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, and Seizure medications morning of your procedure with a SMALL SIP OF WATER (just enough to get it down).
If you are currently taking any Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS) (i.e. Advil, Aleve, Ibuprofen, etc.) daily, you will need to discontinue them one week prior to the procedure. Tylenol is OK.
YOU MUST HAVE AN ADULT (18 YEARS OR OLDER) TO DRIVE YOU FROM YOUR PROCEDURE.
If you think of any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to us at 615-223-6606! Thank you for trusting us with your care!